- Since coming to CGC, he has worked with well over 1,000 golfers in custom fitting sessions
- Retired Lieutenant Colonel, United States Marine Corps.
- Graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy
- Graduate of the San Diego Golf Academy (Now the Golf Academy of America, San Diego campus)
- Highly knowledgeable on USGA Rules of Golf
Les believes that golf is fun and that improving at golf increases the fun. This is one of the reasons he became a Clubfitting Specialist -- he knows how much a golfer can improve just by getting the right clubs in their hands. Golf is a challenging game. However, improving the golf swing does not need to be as challenging as golfers sometimes make it. The work he invested improving his own golf skills, combined with people skills gained from military experience, provide Les tools to help each golfer experience rapid swing improvement.
Les is a TaylorMade/adidas Staff Professional.
From Greg D. in Oceanside, CA
I have to tell you that Carlsbad Golf Center was instrumental in getting my golf game back into the 70's since not being physically able to swing a golf club last year. I have lost more than 100 pounds. Les [Duer, Assistant Professional] did a club fitting for me, so it's no surprise that I started hitting 38's and 39's then finally strung two 39's together. My goal is to play my first scratch round by year's end. My previous best score was 75 in high school - my senior year in 1972. Anyway, thank you for your entrepreneurial venture and we will continue to frequent Carlsbad Golf Center . . . just leave the lights on :-)